(HOUSTON) — Hines, the international real estate firm, in partnership with Ivanhoé Cambridge, are thrilled to announce that Texas Tower in Houston has received Platinum pre-certification under the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED® v4 for Core & Shell (CS) Rating System. The new 47-story, one-million-square-foot office tower on the 800 block of Texas Avenue kicked off construction earlier this year. Already 33% leased, the building is scheduled to open in late 2021.
Texas Tower will be an environment built for ambition and dynamism. With flexible and customizable work spaces, the project is designed to put people first. Designed by Pelli Clarke Pelli, Texas Tower will aim to reduce energy consumption without compromising tenant comfort, to achieve the highest sustainability, connectivity and wellness standards – LEED® Platinum, WiredScore and WELLTM v2 Building Standards, respectively.
Texas Tower will include market-distinguishing green features, such as:
- A centrally-located site with community connectivity and easy access to public transit.
- Bike parking and electric-vehicle charging stations will be readily available.
- Well-thought out building energy efficiency measures that are predicted to outperform ASHRAE 90.1 by 19%.
- High efficiency chillers, improved curtainwall U-values, and a unique underfloor air delivery system will provide maximum energy savings.
- Lighting will integrate LED fixtures with sophisticated daylight control systems and BMCS monitoring.
- Low-flow water fixtures will reduce potable water use by over 47% compared to code requirements.
- Heat island effect was reduced from parking positioned under the tower and reflective roofing materials.
- Several rooftop terraces will connect the building occupants to nature with all its benefits – fresh air, natural light, etc.
- A rainwater harvesting and condensate recovery system will produce 100% of the irrigation required.
- Will incorporate indoor air quality strategies and quality daylighting and views to building occupants.
- Additionally, Hines offers its proprietary GREEN OFFICE® for Tenants program, which assists in giving tenants options to reduce their carbon footprint.
“Energy efficiency and environmental sensitivity have been distinguishing features of our projects since the firm’s inception. The comprehensive sustainability and performance programs at Texas Tower are designed to contribute best practices to the built environment. Guided by the highest standards in workplace design and sustainable construction, Texas Tower is a high-performance building focused on office space that maximizes human potential,” said Hines Senior Managing Director John Mooz.
Hines Senior Vice President of Corporate Operations and Engineering Services and Global Sustainability Officer Clayton Ulrich added, “Texas Tower will be an excellent example of how we can achieve a sustainable, high-performance building that, as a result, operates at a lower comparative cost over time, benefiting tenants, owners and the environment alike.”
“Texas Tower is being built for both the current and future generations. As a responsible global investor, Ivanhoé Cambridge prioritizes and mandates sustainability and wellness to be key pillars in every project we develop and invest in,” said Jonathan Pearce, Executive Vice President, Leasing, Office and Industrial, North America at Ivanhoé Cambridge. “Texas Tower will provide our tenant customers in Houston with exceptional and inspiring spaces where the highest standards of sustainability, wellness and functionality intersect.”
For more information, visit texastower.com.
About Ivanhoé Cambridge
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 214 cities in 24 countries. Hines has approximately $120.6 billion of assets under management, including $66.5 billion for which Hines provides fiduciary investment management services, and $54.1 billion for which Hines provides third-party property-level services. The firm has 128 developments currently underway around the world. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired 1,348 properties, totaling over 444 million square feet. The firm’s current property and asset management portfolio includes 512 properties, representing over 223 million square feet. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for more information.